Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Laundry Day


Doing the laundry can be down right dreadful. If you are like me, you wait until you cannot possibly go another day without washing something before you tackle the task. One way to brighten up laundry day a little without the harmful affects of bleach is to give your laundry room a makeover. The laundry room is a room that you can have a lot of fun with. Go ahead and paint stripes on the walls or pick some fun bright flooring. Anything goes in here, pick something that makes you happy to look at.

Here are some really cool laundry rooms to inspire you:


I love this skirted sink and the fun floor patter.


Very sleek and modern. I really like how those photographs are framed.


Love this! Doesn't feel like a laundry room at all.

I really like the counter and legs. Makes it look like a piece of furniture and I love the color of the cabinets! Have some fun with your laundry room cabinets and paint them!


This is a great example of a dual purpose laundry/craft room. I really like how the kids art is on the wall with the clothes pins.


This is one of my favorites! So simple but such a great color combination and that light fixture is the icing on the cake!


Love the sink and not mention there are two washers and two dryers! They must have a lot of kids.


Very classy, great sink.


50's vibe. Very fun!


Love Love this! Love the pattern on the floor, love the color combo, just love love love!


Another great example of dual purpose. That is a really cool floor and I love the color of the washer and dryer. WDs are coming in so many fun colors these days!


HGTV Laundry room, great cabinets.

This is a great idea for a small laundry closet. Makes the most out of the space.


Very bright, maybe too bright! I need some sunglasses.


Very cute. Love the skirted sink again, this is a great way to bring in some color and pattern for pretty cheap. You can buy fabric on sale and make the skirt yourself.



I really like all the patterns in this room. The cabinets, ceiling and curtains are all different. A great idea to make your cabinets fronts fun, simply cut out some wallpaper and use spray adhesive to fasten.


Fun and modern, love the backsplash tile.



These wall decals are fabulous! I need these!


Country cottage laundry room.



I really like this color combination too.


Try adding some fun wallpaper to your laundry room. Since most laundry rooms are relatively small compared to the rest of your house you can afford to splurge on some really cool wallpaper.


Great floor and I love the drain in the middle. Great for accidental washer overloads and for just mopping the floor.



Another great example of a small laundry space.



Try Stripes!


I really like the whole coastal look.


Very nice!


Love the washtubs and the laundry soap in the apothecary jars.

So, I think I have my project for this weekend!!! Tackle the laundry room, at least I can put off actually doing the laundry some more!

~Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment